Sotera Defense Solutions, Inc. Herndon, VA
Sotera is currently looking for a Database Administrator to support our customer in a classified environment.
As a Database Administrator you will:
- Install, configure and maintain Oracle 10g and 11g database management software in Development, Test, Training, and Production environments on multiple networks.
- Be responsible for migrating and converting existing databases from Sybase to Oracle.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 5 years of relevant database experience. (8 years of experience in lieu of a degree)
- Must have experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Oracle databases in a RAC environment.
- Experience in Cloud Control and Database Control.
- Must have experience converting SQL code from Sybase to Oracle.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare comprehensive project documentation such as requirements, system design, interface control documents, security, etc.
- Certifications in any of following is a plus: Oracle 10g, 11g, Oracle RAC, RMAN, Oracle Cloud Control, Database Control, Unix, Solaris and Sybase.
Sotera Defense Solutions, Inc. (Sotera) is an agile, mid-size national security technology company that delivers innovative systems, solutions and services in support of the critical missions of the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and federal law enforcement agencies charged with ensuring the safety and security of our nation. Our 1,200 employees are focused on delivering essential counterterrorism, cyber operations, intelligence, data analytics, C4ISR and force mobility solutions to our customers throughout the national security community.
Sotera Defense Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Sotera through its online applicant system, please contact Sotera’s recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org.