Program Security Officer - SAP IV
Vencore Reston, VA
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Responsible for performing program security officer duties for a special access program (SAP) which include performing information system security officer (ISSO) duties for the Intelligence Support System (ISS). These tasks include performing weekly backups, conducting annual and recurring ISS training, establishing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts and managing the system’s security plan. Assist the Customer in maintaining other secure information systems to include performing COMSEC duties. This position is also responsible for managing a personnel security function for SAPs to include updating the personnel access security system (PASS II) and providing updates and status briefed personnel to the Customer. Additionally the selected candidate will manage an access quotas system for the SAP which entails providing monthly status reports, processing program access requests, performing access eligibility determinations, processing visit certifications, and conducting SAP indoctrinations and debriefings. Other duties are conducting staff assistance visits, security reviews and inspections as well as conducting initial, recurring and refresher security education training. Responsible for control and accountability of SAP information. Track, ship, and account for SAP information which includes facsimiles. Manage Defense Courier Service account as well as local couriers. Control reproduction and destruction of SAP information, which includes filing and retrieving, and preventing documents and/or media from exiting the SCIF without approval. Responsible for accreditation of the facility as well as all new or existing facilities. Maintain accreditation folders on all facilities, ensure accreditations are accurate and current, and obtain automated information system (AIS) processing approval.
Requires 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
- TS/SCI with Poly required
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience
- Experience with standard MS Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to effectively utilize the Sponsor's security databases
- Ability to effectively communicate processes and procedures to customer base
- Ability to interact with other Sponsor components to facilitate program requirements
- Possess outstanding customer service skills in order to meet high demand requirements
- Possesses expert level of knowledge of ICD 705 relevant to SCIF contstruction, accreditation and maintenance
- Possesses a working knowledge of INFOSEC requirements in order to appropriately coordinate with Program INFOSEC team
- Possesses a working knowledge of Counterintelligence as it relates to the program protection
- Possesses a working level knowledge of ICD 704 requirements in order to appropriately facilitate processing requirements
- Ability to travel to contractor sites across the country in order to conduct inspections