Configuration Management Analyst IV
Vencore Chantilly, VA
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The general roles and responsibilities for the individual selected for this position consist of establishing and maintaining configuration and data management policies and procedures to ensure a standard and cost effective approach to the application of configuration and data management requirements. This consists of analyzing changes to product specifications to determine the effect on the end product and determine and prepare documentation necessary for change control; designing and establishing configuration management documentation, authorizing the release of drawings, schedules and system configuration changes specified by management and other functional groups through the Request-For-Change process; operating configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and auditing; performing configuration management and release engineering tasks to ensure new configuration management baseline operating parameters are documented, comply with standard configurations, and are logistically sustainable. Train requirement engineers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of CM quality standards. Specific roles include, but are not limited to:
• Manage the baseline configuration for related work artifacts as required.
• Assist project team in defining and documenting project configuration items.
• Control, track, and report changes to configuration items;
• Manage and track changes to program baselines, schedules, and progress in achieving control gates.
• Develop and implement CM processes and procedures as defined in Governance documentation.
• Practices include: scheduling and running of various customer groups' internal engineering review panels, program review boards, partnership meetings, program management boards.
• Shall ensure that agendas, request-for-changes, and any other required documentation are disseminated to all appropriate participants.
• Maintain and update all configuration controlled documents needed for meeting and boards. Include leveraging and creating shared network file structures, maintaining SharePoint Site repository for documents..)
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required for successful performance of the activities associated with this position:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or 4 years equivalent experience/combined education, with minimum of 15 years or more of professional experience.
• Demonstrated ability to determine work requirements and perform work without supervision
• Demonstrated capability to lead a team ranging from entry through senior level SE and/or SME to accomplish a technical function being supported
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Tool Suite
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work independently; self-starter
• TS/SCI with Poly required
• Master’s degree in a field relevant to a technical function being supported
• Minimum 4 years’ experience working in the customer’s domain