Acquisition Analyst IV
Vencore Springfield, VA
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Assists government procurement agencies develop acquisition strategies, work statements, evaluation plans and qualify vendors. Involved through the entire acquisition life cycle, from pre-award planning through solicitation preparation, contract award, contract administration and contract close-out. Applies knowledge of the defense acquisition process in the analysis and improvement of acquisition process policy and procedures to devise strategies for deploying and implementing new acquisition policy initiatives and measuring the effectiveness of implementation. Uses quantitative analytical techniques to assess system acquisition process issues and develop risk reduction/mitigation approaches for improving acquisition/program planning, control, and execution. Participates in developing acquisition plans, source selection documents (including evaluation criteria), Independent Government Cost Estimates, justifications and approvals, synopses, and requests for proposals/quotes/bids. Assists with the development of pre-award technical documentation (solicitation, IGCE, Technical Evaluation Plan (TEP) and Technical Evaluation Report).
Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
Total Lifecycle Acquisition Management Support Services
In support of the Emerald contract at NGA, the following activities represent the type of work to be performed in support of the customer in the Total Lifecycle Acquisition Management Support role.
This is not an all-inclusive list. Instead, it is meant to provide a generalized understanding of the type of work to be performed.
- Acquisition Management Support - Provide advice to the Government in complying with the Federal Acquisition Regulation and supplements from the DoD, IC, and Agency. Develop policies and procedures for standardizing and expediting NGA acquisitions. Communicate and market acquisition policy and efforts to internal and external customers. Assess current contracts, along with acquisition trends from other agencies’ software development and commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) integration contracts, to identify opportunities for implementing acquisition reform principles. Manage and advise the requirements identification and documentation process.
- Acquisition Planning – Aid in the development of acquisition strategies for new and follow on contracts. Ensure the technical and programmatic basis is consistent with NGA, DoD, and IC acquisition reform and NGA architectural concepts. Assist with develop of acquisition strategy planning briefs and documents. Facilitate approval of acquisition strategies, plans, and documentation through the NGA approval process. Assist with the production of documentation to support new acquisitions and follow on contracts. Such information and documentation includes:
- Market Research
- Acquisition Plans
- Program Management Charter
- Cost Estimates
- CLIN structures
- Statements of Work
- Statements of Objectives
- Performance Work Statements
- Source Selection Plans
- Incentive plans
- Acquisition schedules
- Program Decision Memorandum
- Assist with the development of draft requests for proposals (RFPs), reviewing all sections against appropriate acquisition regulations. Plan, coordinate and facilitate industry conferences and information sessions relative to developing acquisition requirements and instructions.
- Configuration Management Support – Provide acquisition assistance to engineering review boards and configuration management boards including Request for Change (RFC) preparation, technical review, and coordination.
- Data Management Support – Evaluate recommendations regarding the use of relational database concepts, architecture, and design. Evaluate recommendations for data taxonomies, ontologies, and use of metadata.
- Major Milestone Reviews - Participate in major program milestones including but not limited to:
- System Requirements Review (SRR)
- Independent Readiness Review (IRR)
- Initial Design Review (IDR)
- Preliminary Design Review (PDR)
- Critical Design Review (CDR)
- Test Readiness Review (TRR)
- Pre-Ship Review (PSR)
- Operational Readiness Review (ORR)
- Operational Assessment Report (OAR)
- Security and Information Assurance - Provide system security advice for multiple sites and systems, and recommend, implement, maintain, and review security documents and policies in support of ICD 503 and DNI directed assessment and authorization (A&A) requirements. Assist the NGA Security A&A personnel and help facilitate the ICD 503 and DNI directed A&A processes throughout the entire program/project life cycles. Review certification and vulnerability assessment testing results and provide feedback to development contractors and the Government. Review and assess System Security Authorization Agreements (SSAA) and provide feedback to the authors. Review DoD and IC information assurance policies and procedures. Identify Information Assurance security issues associated with development, deployment, and ongoing operations of fielded systems. This includes monitoring the distribution of mandated Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) and other security patches, and monitoring and reviewing the conduct of Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) testing.
- Source Selections - Serve as Source Selection Advisors. Coordinate the schedule, facilitation, and facility requirements for the Mission Partner source selection facility. Provide administrative support for source selections at the discretion of the Source Selection Authority. Provide training to prepare the source selection organization to properly conduct proposal evaluations.
- Task Orders and Change Proposals – Assist the program office with preparation and coordination of delivery orders, task orders, requirements documents and performance statements, as applicable. Assist the program office with preparation and coordination of modifications to contracts consistent with scope and resource constraints.
- System Technical Expertise – Provide advice on the technical sufficiency, accuracy, and completeness of acquisition studies, plans, and documents. Review, evaluate, and assess:
- Program requirements, documents, plans, and other related artifacts for consistency and compliance with Enterprise documentation;
- Contractor designs for adherence to requirements and enterprise performance needs;
- Plans for the consolidation and standardization of common services, such as facilities, communications, configuration management, problem tracking, computer operations, and networks;
- Contract data deliverables for completeness.
- Assist the program office in the evaluation of viable, sustainable, and secure communications architectures in support of NGA activities. Facilitate communications with other Government agencies and commercial providers, as required, to satisfy NGA communication requirements.
- Evaluate recommendations relating to architectural direction and guidance. Provide transition planning and execution support for joint and global transition and modernization initiatives and activities with both Mission Partners and the Information Technology Community.
- Technology Insertion Recommendations - Advise program leaders and managers regarding potential technology insertion to improve performance, effectiveness, and efficiency of NGA programs and best practices as applied across acquisition programs and projects. Identify long-term management and technical issues.
- Verification and Validation Advice - Provide independent witnessing of contractor testing at development contractor facilities and at operational sites or test facilities in support of Government personnel. This includes Integration tests, Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT), Site Acceptance Tests (SAT), and IV&V testing. As an advisor, participate in the administration, recommendation, and review of test and evaluation entrance and exit criteria for architecture and program level control gates. Review and evaluate the completeness of test plans and other test related documentation and provide feedback to Government and the development contractors. Review and assess the accuracy and completeness of testing results and provide feedback to the development contractors and the Government.
- Earned Value Management - Apply Earned Value Management (EVM) techniques to support the assessment of program, project and contractor cost performance. Support the business case development for OMB Circular A-11, Performance-based Management (Earned Value Management). Identify and obtain information to meet OMB reporting requirements related to EVM and/or Operational Analyses. Support the NGA EVM executive and EVM Focal Point at government and industry EVM forums, conferences, and working groups.
- Portfolio Management Advice – Assist in the establishment of processes and procedures for managing portfolios. Provide the Government with investment trade off analysis and recommendations. Monitor portfolio performance and implementation of investment decisions.
- Program and Project Management Advice - Evaluate programs and project performance across the organization and make comprehensive recommendations to the Government. Provide expertise and advice to plan, manage, and execute programs and projects. Provide the Government advance and objective insight into program issues, execution risks, and corrective actions. Draft, review, and, after Government approval, publish program reports required by statutes and regulations. Participate in program management, business management, and budget execution reviews and provide feedback to the Government. Support programmatic activities with development contractors. Review and revise management and governance policies, instructions, standards, and best practices. Develop and plan tailored contract oversight and scope verification activities consistent with NGA program and financial management policies and plans. Review and assess contract documentation and changes. Support fact finding for negotiations and provide feedback to the Government. Plan and conduct Contract Implementation Reviews (CIR) and Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBR).
- Program Office Support - Facilitate and support Government program meetings, reviews and off-sites. Utilize program management tools (MS Office, MS Project, etc.) and techniques to support program and portfolio managers. Provide support to the NGA working groups by coordinating and recording regular meetings, drafting working group related documentation, processing action items, tracking milestones, and performing other related efforts. Create briefings, interactive presentations, and video products.
- Requirements Management - Review needs analysis to recommend current and future program and project requirements. Support the development of government requirements through analysis. Evaluate performance models and simulation trades supporting legacy system and future system performance. Assist with management of government needs and related processes consistent with Intelligence Community and Department of Defense capabilities structures. Assist Account Managers in developing defendable justification of customer needs. Provide subject matter expertise to ensure that NGA understands the expectations of combatant command systems for GEOINT. Ensure that program managers and system developers understand NGA’s planned capabilities early in the acquisition life cycle. Inform Service Acquisition Executives, program managers, developers, and NGA staff about GEOINT and the GEOINT equities of emerging and after-next systems.
- Risk Management – Evaluate and assess risks for selected NGA programs and projects. Provide processes, procedures, and documentation necessary to identify, assess, monitor, and control risks and issues. Produce status reports and recommendations for effective risk management.