Systems Architect II
Vencore Chantilly, VA
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Applies technical knowledge to assist clients in the design and development of solutions to complex technical engineering and applications problems, network challenges, or system administration issues. Establishes the basic structure of the system, defines essential core design features and elements that provide the framework. Incorporates engineering strategies for introducing new technology into the customer's infrastructure related to its business processes of collection, analysis, production, and dissemination. Performs cost-benefit analyses to determine whether requirements are best met by manual, software, or hardware functions; making maximum use of commercial off-the-shelf or already developed components. Applies knowledge of enterprise IT or engineering needs to design improved processes, generate valid requirements, and ensures that these are consistent with the customer's enterprise technical architecture. May participate in business development activities.
1) Active TS/SCI clearance
2) Domain experience in Intelligence Community (IC), Department of Defense (DoD), or Commercial IT programs
3) BS/BA, Minimum of 2 to 5 years with BS/BA or 0 to 2 years with MS/MA/MBA or 8 to 10 years with no degree. degree. related profession experience
4) Ability to relate professionally with customers and colleagues
5) Strong written and verbal communication skills
6) Responsible, reliable and flexible
7) Passion for learning and knowledge transfer
1) Bachelor or Master degrees in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering or other Information Technology disciplines
2) Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Service Management - Foundations and especially Practitioner Certifications
3) Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certifications
4) Exposure to Intelligence Community IT Enterprise (IC ITE) service offerings and service adoption
5) Ability to lead and influence