Information Assurance/Security Engineer III
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The candidate should have proven experience in Information Systems Security to include:
-Risk Management and the Certification and Accreditation processes (ICD 503, DCID 6/3)
-Development and evaluation of Site Security Plans (SSPs)
-Exhibit direct project management experience with patch management, continuous monitoring, and vulnerability scanning/remediation activities
--This includes devising or implementing a continuous monitoring plan across multiple security domains and familiarity with tools used in compliance and vulnerability assessments
-Required to put together assessment reports to provide organizational risk, ad-hoc customer responses mostly dealing with analysis and policy interpretation
-Part of the security team that handles software management, laptop compliance, technology evaluation for security and access requests
-Expected to maintain tracking list in addition to other duties listed
Specific Job Description:
The program seeks an Info Security Systems Engineer to support the customer's ISSM team in development and implementation of its continuous monitoring and patch management program. The candidate should have proven experience with the Intelligence Community Information Technology Systems Security: Risk Management, Certification and Accreditation (ICD503) and any related ICDs. Candidate should also exhibit direct project experience with patch management, continuous monitoring, and scanning activities.
THE ABILITY TO OBTAIN A TS/SCI W POLY SECURITY CLEARANCE
This individual must also have excellent project management skills and the ability to keep multiple project organized.
Should be proactive and forward leaning.
- Must be a team player and possess a strong ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team as well as work independently with minimal supervision
• Working knowledge of digital communications and related IT communications technologies
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
• Demonstrated ability to quickly ramp up to support the customer’s needs, clearly communicate (orally & written) ideas, work autonomously, take the initiative to provide creative alternatives to intractable challenges or systemic problems.
• Demonstrated ability to work with customers providing detailed and unbiased feedback, guidance, and recommendations
• CISSP and/or Security + certifications
• Good time management skills; ability to support multiple projects; ability to multi-task and manage
• Bachelor’s degree in IT/Computer Engineering or related technical field
• Prior customer experience
Requires 5 to 8 years with BS/BA or 3 to 5 years with MS/MA or 0 to 2 years with PhD.