Electrical Engineer - Active Secret DOD Clearance required
General Dynamics Information Technology Bethesda, MD
Designs, evaluates, plans, tests, and operates electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems onboard U.S. Navy Ships
- Design cable and connector pinouts for various components
- Create cable drawings and pinout diagrams to provide to vendors for all cables.
- Oversee the construction and procurement of lab cables and connectors
- Troubleshoot and design both Digital and Analog circuits
- Write requirements for vendors to create custom power distribution units
- Design, build, and verify custom chassis to be installed shipboard
Bachelors Degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline.Qualifications
- 2-5 years of Systems Development Engineering
- knowledge in controls
- knowledge of power distribution and how to balance power in a system
- Experience in cable and connector design, ensuring signals are properly shielded and assembled correctly.
- Prefer previous experience with shipboard applications.
- Familiar with national instruments data acquisition hardware.
- Familiar with acoustic analysis and data acquisition.
Desired Software Skills:
- Eagle or similar printed circuit board design software
- pSpice or similar circuit design simulator software
- AutoCAD or similar 2D drawing software
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.